Indian giver: n. a person who gives a gift and then takes it back.
In case you were dying to know, our rotation regions were posted on Friday. I frantically checked online, saw that I was assigned to Birmingham (my #1 choice), immediately began high-fiving classmates, sent out mass text messages to my overly anxious friends, and then it happened. We received yet another email shortly after stating that rotation regions were, in fact, NOT final. There was a glitch in the system and some regions were posted while others weren't. Needless to say, I spent much of my weekend in hopes that this whopper of a golden gift, my #1 choice, would still be mine.
Tuesday followed through with the indian giving. HSOP randomly re-assigned our regions and yours truly got assigned TUSCALOOSA. To say that I have pouted the past few days would be an understatement. Pity parties won't even begin to describe. I'm just plain bummed out. My thought process is this: "how could they possibly give my spot to someone else?" as if I'm entitled to Birmingham and Birmingham alone. I've really got to get over myself. The blues are balanced to some extent by the assurance that I will have some (possibly most) of my rotations in Birmingham. We also have 2 weeks to swap regions with any classmate who is willing, so Tuscaloosa is technically not 100% final, but chances are looking mighty slim. Aside from that, I am super excited to become an official Birmingham resident in May! Commuting really can't be that bad..and thank goodness it's not forever.
Although its been a tough pill to swallow, God has been completely faithful to me. My prayers about this situation date waaaayyy back. I begged and pleaded for His guidance in my decision and then for His will to be done. I'd like to think this was just some terrible luck of the draw, but really it's just a culmination of the work of His hands.
Which of all these does not know that the hand of the Lord has done this? Job 12:9
3 comments:
oh me miss green. we will pull you through! In the mean time, maybe eat another spoonful of ice cream. love you!
love you court and feel very confident that you will look back on this with gratitude! although, don't get me wrong, i know how completely frustrating the HSOP processes can be! will be praying for peace. see you next week.
geez, this must have been frustrating! but don't worry, Court, if you end up in Tuscaloosa most of your rotations, it's really not all that bad :)
Post a Comment