Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Seaside Half Marathon??

Yes, I run on a daily basis, but I've never actually run farther than 3.5 miles during a single run EVER. I've considered that my tall, lanky body just might not be cut out to run 13.1 miles EVER. But, I've recently decided that nobody really is. So we train. And that's what I'm going to do, Lord willing. March 7, 2010. Seaside, FL. The race course is flat and who doesn't LOVE County Road 30-A? I'm in the process of recruiting some running pals. Takers?

http://www.seasidehalfmarathon.com/

Seaside, spring break sophomore year

AND...in case you were wondering, I finally made a #1 region decision. As Oswald Chambers puts it, "To be certain of God means that we are uncertain in all our ways, not knowing what tomorrow may bring. This is generally expressed with a sigh of sadness, but it should be an expression of breathless expectation...life is full of spontaneous, joyful uncertainty and expectancy." I am certain that God is sovereign in my decision. I'll be back as soon as I hear the results early next week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Court- I want to do that with you!! That would be so fun!! I'll call you this week and we can chat details! Also, congrats on making your decision for your rotations! Cant wait to see where God places you!

Bill and Helen said...

Courtney! It was great to see you on Saturday!! I ran Seaside a year ago. Great race and you will do great. If you need someone to run those dreadful long runs feel free to call me. I am training right now for the Disney Marathon!

Sarah Hardekopf said...

What a fantastic picture/trip... So proud of you for training for that!