How incredible is it that God is in control of even our everyday choices?? Choices big or small, He's there, guiding our common sense and aligning our hearts in accordance with His will. But what about when we're stubborn? We're fully aware that His perfect path is in the opposite direction, yet we sprint wide open down our own. It's foolishness that assures us we know best.
Well, I certainly believe there's hope, that even in the midst of all my imperfections and just plain stupidity, God is there--probably lovingly laughing at me, fully equipped to instruct and refine me despite my low-down, no-good choices. He is sovereign and guides me even when I ignore Him. He uses the consequences of my choices to discipline me and reveal more of Himself to me. He chooses me even though I don't always choose Him.
I hope this post will be a reminder to all of us that God is so good. He can see so much farther than we can and His plan is absolutely, positively perfect. I want to listen to Him and allow Him to guide me in His truth, not a skewed view of my own. Way easier said than done. I know. But he is faithful!
He will instruct him in the way chosen for him. -Psalm 25:12
3 comments:
Court... Thanks so much for a posting! It really warms my heart to hear your wisdom. I miss you terribly and can't wait to see you soon... Wait a moment... does the Chrisman's not get to make your blog roll?
Thanks for making me part of your inspiring post! I wish I could write like you :)
ugh! good word little nug. You have such beautiful insight and wisdom beyond your years. Love you and I am so encouraged by your life.
P.S. love the new blog name and picture :)
Post a Comment