Thursday, November 13, 2008

Time flies.

Good grief. These past few months have been a whirlwind and I can hardly believe that it's almost December. I just finished my last test until finals and it feels SO good. It's like that feeling you get when you wake up before your alarm clock and realize that you have at least an hour left to sleep. My alarm clock will sound again during finals week, but I am free as a bird until then. Thank you Lord!

Over the past month I've been to a wedding, attended several of my brother's high school football games, played lots of flag football, randomly attended a new Sunday School class, and studied like a maniac. Life is good. Fall in Auburn is beautiful. And I have much to be thankful for.

The Wedding. Hailee, Ashley, and I made a road trip to Dothan for Taylor & John David's wedding. Cathryn, Anna, and the three of us all squeezed into one hotel room for the night and had the best time. It was one of the sweetest ceremonies I've ever attended and Taylor was the most beautiful bride. It's so uplifting to leave a wedding and know that God has been glorified through the joining of two of His children. Of course I shed a few tears, but those were all gone by the time we reached the brunch line at the reception. The spread of food was unbelievable and we ate our little hearts out. On the ride home Hailee and I entertained ourselves by making a list of all of our college formal dates. I'll leave it at that. There were quite a hysterical few.

High school football. It's always fun to re-live the glory days and I've gotten to do this alot lately. My little brother is enjoying his senior year as QB and they have already made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. I've been able to watch several of his games and we're hoping Crenshaw makes it to the Championship! Here's a picture of me and my neighbor from home at the game.

5th year Flag football. Chris, Thomas, Chase, Bo, Scotty B, Jenny, Bethany, Kate, Hillary, Lauren, Amanda, Jessie, Mary Lindsey, Rose and I have all had a ball every Tuesday night under the counsel of our trusty coach John Mark (aka the predator). We call ourselves the "Victory Lap" since we're still hanging onto another year of college. Yes, we even have jerseys. It's great to take a break and cut loose once a week with these wholesome people and so far we're undefeated.

Sunday School. As we were leaving church on Sunday, Alley and I randomly decided to check out the new ladies Sunday School class. I'll admit I was a bit skeptical of just popping in, for fear of what it might entail, but I'm so glad we did it. There were women of all ages and walks of life: married, single, mothers, grandmothers (?? I think). During the class we took turns reading one verse from each book of the Bible that depicts God's love for us. It was different from your typical Sunday School class, but worship knows no boundaries. Those verses were exactly what I needed to hear.

Well, there you have it. Now you know what I've been doing over the past month. I purposefully did not mention studying since it would far outweigh every other paragraph on this page. Hopefully I won't be away from the blogging scene for quite as long from now on. I'll have you know that I've turned into a blog fanatic and absolutely LOVE your posts. So to all you bloggers out there, keep posting.

1 comment:

AlleyJ said...

I am pretty sure Annette missed us this week, but night church was great! I love you and am so glad you are back!