The weekend was a weekend of hearty fellowship with some younger girls that I've gotten to know recently, and some of which I've known since a Bible study I led sophomore year. Last Friday I randomly decided to head down to Fort Morgan with them for some beach time, good food, and good company. Classifying us as professional beach bums would be an understatement. Over the course of the weekend we sat perched in the sand with good books, sailed with Haley's dad on the family catamaran, consumed more chocolate chip cookies than you could ever possibly imagine, and laughed hysterically. Everyone needs a weekend with these girls every now and then. They are a hoot to say the least.
If I had to choose a single word to define their friendships it would be sacrificial (Hebrews 13:16). The sacrificial love that they embody, although incomparable to the sacrificial love of God, is unmistakably apparent at all times. It radiates from them and they have absolutely no idea what a testament they were to me! My stomach still hurts from laughing--ok, well maybe just from all the chocolate chip cookies and scotcharoos (or scottish terriers or snickeroos as Jill would call them). It was a much needed enjoyable weekend, even if it was lived out of a suitcase.
1 comment:
I am loving your blog. You are so wise and faithful. I am so blessed by your sweet friendship! Can't wait to see you tonight!
LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment