Monday, July 14, 2008

Just call her gimp

Kristen Elizabeth Cofield: faithful friend, a real go-getter, Charlotte's most eligible bachelorette. She's the only girl I know who loves good music, peanut butter, and coffee more than me, and the only girl who would be brutally honest enough to tell you to rethink your Friday night attire. Did I mention she recently made the transition from college student to young professional? It has been a huge success thus far, thus far meaning until about 7am today.

It's astounding that we live miles away, yet I somehow know every detail of her life as if she still lived right across the hall--and she, too, knows mine. We have text messaging and email to thank for that, and it is nothing short of a blessing. This morning we exchanged the usual email and Kristen's reply was not so usual. She informed me that while coming down the stairs for work in her trendy little outfit, her high heel decided to pitch a fit. Needless to say, she was plunged down the entire flight of stairs, cereal bowl flying through the air and shattering into tiny little pieces, only to land at the bottom nearly knocked out with a sore ankle and knee.
A few hours and a couple of x-rays later, Kristen was sent home. With crutches. Now, Kristen Elizabeth Cofield: faithful friend, a real go-getter, Charlotte's most eligible bachelorette, gimp--you said it Kristen, not me. This post is not meant to poke fun at her morning catastrophe; I'd like to consider it a mere tribute. A tribute to a girl who stepped out in faith and moved to Charlotte, NC, on her very own, leaving behind comfort and familiarity. A tribute to a girl who would drop everything to do anything for you. A tribute to a girl who continuously strives to live a life that is pleasing to the Lord and encourages those around her to do the same.

Today, she reminded me of Psalm 84, the focus being on verse 11: "no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless." We all deserve a proverbial slap in the face sometimes, and Kristen is a champ at delivering that much needed slap in the face in the form of Scripture. I am challenged and inspired by her friendship and miss her dearly! I did not ask for permission to write this post and expose the fact that she is now a gimp, but I know she won't mind :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my goodness isn't that an attractive picture. Well a whip lashed neck, bruised rib, and sprained ankle later I am surely surviving. Thanks for the shout out court!