Sunday, August 10, 2008

Reunited

It was a weekend of reunions. Reunions of wholesome, solid, salt of the earth friends in my opinion. I'm sad to say that most of these reunions were only for a weekend, but I'll take what I can get. Here goes: 1. Rose, Mary Lindsey, and I are officially reunited and settled into our new apartment. We're excited about cooking dinner together and having people in town for football games. It's going to be a long year with Bugs & Drugs in the near future, but "we're gon' get it." That one's for you, Rose. Oh yea-and our dog, Harrison, is the coolest.

2. White House reunion. Ok, I know I don't live there anymore. Anyway, it was great to get to see Hailee, Megan, Brittany and Lauren. You can't beat our traditional chant at The Duck or lunch at Big Blue. It is strange to think that they aren't returning to the plains for another year, but Atlanta has reclaimed some fun girls that I miss dearly.

3. Kristen. Well, Charlotte was nice enough to lend us their working girl for the weekend. Her visit was way too short, but she'll be back soon enough. I'm still laughing at how our afternoon walk ended at Lupton to reminisce with the new freshmen of our days in the quad.

4. Anna. Back from summer project and back in action! So fun to watch some of the Olympics opening ceremony with her and see our kindred--Anna will appreciate this statement. Anna is a genius and I always love hearing what she has to say. That's because I know that it comes from her heart. She has no filter and she knows that's what I love about her.

5. Perryn. Perryn is back from New York! Unfortunately only for a few weeks. She will return at the end of August as an official New Yorker with some impressive interior design abilities. I can't wait to visit and I admire her for being so independent. She can look forward to all of her NYC favorites becoming the norm.

6. Pearson, Cody, Lauren, and Robert. After one last weekend of Adam Hood live-at least for a while-these folks are headed for East Asia. I'm bummed they're not taking me with them. They will all be missed, but what an incredible opportunity they've been given. I can't wait to hear of how the Lord is using them. How beautiful are the feet of them who bring good news! Romans 10:15

7. Reed & Angie. What a couple. If you absolutely have to be a third wheel, they're the couple to third wheel it with. Not because it won't be awkward-Reed is the king of awkwardness- but because you'll never stop laughing. Favorite Reed quote from the weekend: "You know what I like? Foods you can get away with eating before the blessing..like french fries..or this pickle. See, [while biting into his pickle before the blessing] no one cares that I'm eating this pickle."

No comments: